Since we have a date and location set, perhaps you’ll be trying to make a decision about traveling to our wedding in the next few months. Here are a few recommendations:
Planes.
There are two easily accessible local airports.
Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is under 30 minutes from York. There are car service and cab options from the airport.
Baltimore International Airport (BWI) is about an hour from York. Unique Limo offers a car service to and from BWI.
To travel around York with the easiest mobility, we’d recommend a rental car. But if you'd like to arrive from the airport sans rented vehicle, here is a local and reasonably priced car service: Unique Limousine, (800) 298-8053 or (717) 233-4431, http://www.uniquelimousine.com/
Trains.
While trains aren’t too popular, we’re going with a theme here. See the two options below:
Lancaster (LNC) has an Amtrak station and then it’s a 30- or 40-minute drive to York.
Baltimore (BAL) has an Amtrak station just under an hour from the hotels.
For car service from the train station, please see the contact info for Unique Limousine in the Planes section.
Automobiles.
We haven’t provided directions from everywhere. But below, we have taken bets on a few places that will attract drivers.
From Philadelphia (2 hours)
*There are several tolls on this drive.*
Take the ramp onto I-276 W. This is a toll road (17 miles)
Continue on I-76 W, which is also a toll road (40 miles)
Take exit 286 for US-222 toward Lancaster/Reading (Less than 1 mile)
Merge onto Spur Rd and turn left to merge onto US-222 S toward Lancaster (15 miles)
Take the exit onto US-30 W toward PA-283/US-222/Harrisburg/York (25 miles)
Exit Route 30 and turn left at N Hills Rd (Less than 1 mile)
Turn right at E Market St/PA-462…signs for York/Baltimore (less than 1 mile)
Merge onto I-83 S via the ramp to Baltimore (3 miles)
Take exit 16B to merge onto PA-74/S Queen St (2 miles)
From Richmond (3.5 to 4 hours)
Take I 95 North (94 miles)
Exit onto I 495 around Washington D.C., either way on I 495 takes you around the city. (30 miles)
Exit on to I 95 N toward Baltimore. (22 miles)
Follow I 95 to I 695 West and exit 49B toward Towson. (17 miles)
Take I 695 W to I 83 North. (40 miles)
Take exit 15 on S. George Street (2 miles)
From DC (2 hours)
Take I 95 N toward Baltimore. (22 miles)
Follow I 95 to I 695 West and exit 49B toward Towson. (17 miles)
Take I 695 W to I 83 North. (40 miles)
Take exit 15 on S. George Street (2 miles)
Planes.
There are two easily accessible local airports.
Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is under 30 minutes from York. There are car service and cab options from the airport.
Baltimore International Airport (BWI) is about an hour from York. Unique Limo offers a car service to and from BWI.
To travel around York with the easiest mobility, we’d recommend a rental car. But if you'd like to arrive from the airport sans rented vehicle, here is a local and reasonably priced car service: Unique Limousine, (800) 298-8053 or (717) 233-4431, http://www.uniquelimousine.com/
Trains.
While trains aren’t too popular, we’re going with a theme here. See the two options below:
Lancaster (LNC) has an Amtrak station and then it’s a 30- or 40-minute drive to York.
Baltimore (BAL) has an Amtrak station just under an hour from the hotels.
For car service from the train station, please see the contact info for Unique Limousine in the Planes section.
Automobiles.
We haven’t provided directions from everywhere. But below, we have taken bets on a few places that will attract drivers.
From Philadelphia (2 hours)
*There are several tolls on this drive.*
Take the ramp onto I-276 W. This is a toll road (17 miles)
Continue on I-76 W, which is also a toll road (40 miles)
Take exit 286 for US-222 toward Lancaster/Reading (Less than 1 mile)
Merge onto Spur Rd and turn left to merge onto US-222 S toward Lancaster (15 miles)
Take the exit onto US-30 W toward PA-283/US-222/Harrisburg/York (25 miles)
Exit Route 30 and turn left at N Hills Rd (Less than 1 mile)
Turn right at E Market St/PA-462…signs for York/Baltimore (less than 1 mile)
Merge onto I-83 S via the ramp to Baltimore (3 miles)
Take exit 16B to merge onto PA-74/S Queen St (2 miles)
From Richmond (3.5 to 4 hours)
Take I 95 North (94 miles)
Exit onto I 495 around Washington D.C., either way on I 495 takes you around the city. (30 miles)
Exit on to I 95 N toward Baltimore. (22 miles)
Follow I 95 to I 695 West and exit 49B toward Towson. (17 miles)
Take I 695 W to I 83 North. (40 miles)
Take exit 15 on S. George Street (2 miles)
From DC (2 hours)
Take I 95 N toward Baltimore. (22 miles)
Follow I 95 to I 695 West and exit 49B toward Towson. (17 miles)
Take I 695 W to I 83 North. (40 miles)
Take exit 15 on S. George Street (2 miles)
Safest travels to all!

